The primary goals will be attained through the following general methods:
- Introduction to what is the world of work and how it could change their daily routines.
- Learn about the job requirements for different jobs that may be interested in pursuing in the future.
- Review and discussions of pro’s and con’s of group vs. individual placements.
- Individual and group discussions and counseling regarding each individual's functional skills (e.g., mobility, self care, work tolerance, physical restrictions, environmental considerations with potential job placements).
- Teach the individuals the various steps in the process of in looking for a job including how to use the internet to help locate jobs.
- Learn how to prepare a job application or resume.
- Individuals will learn to dress for success during the interview process.
- Teach/promote skills & traits that employer’s value (e.g., integrity & honesty, self confidence, good self esteem, leadership, good listening, self management, communication, cooperation, responsibility, problem solving, etc.)
- To teach personal responsibility & social competence.
We believe in motivating our individuals to want and achieve more independence thru our volunteer program. Individuals are encourage to volunteer out in the community, understand responsibilities of work ethics and have a meaningful life. Our individuals are trained in communication, organizational skills, money management, decision making, socialization, mild behavior management, and job preparation. Our volunteers are taught to be team players and are encourage to become independent and part of society. Thru positive belief our individuals will increase confidence to succeed.